Things have been a bit quiet on the blog, twitter & facebook front. I’ve been enjoying the first of two weeks vacation over the past week. I have been on a break from email & most other electronic communications, but wanted to share a few highlights of the past week:
- Brenna learned to ride a bike! It took a lot of time, and a little bit of incentive to get her moving, but she’s doing great. The incentive? I need to learn to ice skate this year.
- Hannah has a concussion. A trip to my parents would not be complete without a trip to the Westfield emergency room! (She’s doing fine…just taking it easy for a week).
- Read a couple good books. Killing Cockroaches and Presentation Zen were both great, & I’m hoping to get 4 more done in the next week.
- Attended the first annual Kuschel family reunion (my mom’s side of the family) on Saturday. Got to see some people I haven’t seen in 15-20 years! Looking forward to next year.
- I’ve been riding my bike a lot…Liz & Erin have gone on some of my shorter trips.
- My poison ivy is almost gone.
- I’ve gotten to think a lot about how I work as a pastor and how I can be more effective as a leader.
- We got a lot of work done on the house/yard last week…hoping to get a bit more done this coming week.
9. Took the kids to their first ever drive in movie in Elmira (they don’t take debit or credit cards…and they are a long way away from the nearest atm machine).
Probably the last post until vacation is over…Have a great week!