Okay, so let’s get this out of the way now…food will make several appearances over the course of this series. In part because:
1) Ithaca, as Eric Callahan mentioned in yesterday’s comments, has a lot of really great places to eat,
2) I like food, a lot,
3) Since I am still on a liquid diet for a couple more weeks, I’m thinking about food a lot.
And without question Taste of Thai is my favorite place to eat in Ithaca. Now, I did check to make sure there is a Thai restaurant in Clontarf, but we’ll have to wait & see if it can match Ih Taste of Thai. Before moving to Ithaca, I had never eaten Thai food…at this point in my life if I had to pick one type of food to eat every day for the rest of my life…it would be Thai.
Top 5 Reasons I love Taste of Thai:
- Cashew Chicken (I’m pretty boring & order this 99% of the time)…it is amazing!
- Spicy. While the menu says you can order your spiciness on a scale of 1-5. But if the right people are working that day, they will go up to 10 for you
- Gluten-Free. Since Liz cannot eat gluten, and this is the one Thai restaurant in town that promises your food will be gluten-free and even has a gluten-free menu, it takes all the stress out of eating out.
- Price. Very Reasonable & you get a good-sized meal too.
- Low Carb. 99% of the time they’ll substitute your rice for an extra portion of vegetables.